Tuesday 8 February 2011

Grammar (Pag 53)

1.-Read the sentences below. Which actions are completed? Wich are continuos?
1.European arrived in Australiain 1606. Action completed
2.Aborigines were living in Australia in 1606. Action continuos
3.Nina and Xarl found cheap tickets while they were browsing the web. Action completed
4.They were travelling when they discovered their mistake. Action continuos
5.Nina was reading while Carl was sleeping. Action continuos

2.-Write sentences with the words below. Use the Past Simple or the Past Continuos.
1.We liked the travel programme last night.
2.I wasn't sleeping at 7 o'clock.
3.She worked at 5 o'clock yesterday.
4.They weren't working at 5 o'clock yesterday.
5.You cleaned your motorbike at 9 o'clock last night?

3.-Copy and complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets. Use the Past Simple or Past Continuos.
1.When the train arrived, Dan wasn't waiting at the station.
2.I was looking at the map while Peter was driving.
3.Edna wasn't listening to me while I was telling her about my holiday.
4.While we were talking to Elizabeth, you were paying for the train tickets.
5.Tina wasn't watching TV when Tomleft the room.
6.Jenny was leaving while we were cooking dinner.
7.Were you worked when I called you last night?
8.The children weren't riding their bikes when the rain was beginig.

5.-Choose the correct answers to find out about a special type of journey.
THE ABORIGINIES OF AUSTRALIA
1.were
2.weren't staying
3.are living
4.they
5.is
6.go
7.their

6.-Correct the mistakes in bold in the history about famous place.
The Well of Zamzam
1.were
2.run
3.as
4.hit
5.is
6.travel
7.visit
8.drink

7.-Complete the sentences about you.Tell your partner.
1.Last year, my family and I went to Madrid.
2.Every summer, I went to Portugal with my cousins.
3.While I was sleeping, I dream a monsters.
4.My friend usually playing football.
5.Right now, my friend is doing the homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment